Your house's exterior painting is one of the biggest factors in its overall curb appeal. The insured commercial painters at Richard Shannon's Painting, Flooring, and Remodeling of Milford, OH have seen plenty of exterior painting jobs succumb to common pitfalls. To make sure you avoid these same issues and enjoy an efficient and professional looking exterior painting project, they've decided to share five of the most common mistakes below:
- Poor Materials: Skimping on quality brushes and paint will make for a lower quality job. You'll end up spending more time and money redoing it later than if you used better quality materials.
- No Primer: Not only does primer help your exterior painting last longer, but it will also make for a smoother, more professional look.
- Dark Colors: Rich dark colors will make a home look smaller from the street and can invoke feelings of gloom. Neither are good, especially if you're looking to sell.
- Single Coat: Exterior painting jobs benefit from having at least two coats of paint applied. You'll find many areas may look translucent or weathered with just one coat.
- Painting Wet Spots: If you use an oil-based paint, all sections must be totally dry before you start, or you'll run the risk of blistering and peeling paint.
Be sure to keep these common mistakes in mind when taking on any exterior painting job. If you'd like help with a project, Richard Shannon's Painting, Flooring, and Remodeling of Milford, OH would be happy to help. They're accredited members of the Better Business Bureau and are fully insured. Visit them online to learn about their interior painting services. Give them a call at (513) 575-5247 to schedule an appointment.