Are you finding it difficult to workout and take care of your child? My Gym’s Children’s Fitness Center in Potomac offers mommy and me classes for a range of ages, starting from only 6 weeks old! They are the perfect reason to get out of the house with your child and bond together in a fun and interactive environment.
If you’re not convinced of the benefits of mommy and me classes, here are a few important facts to know:
- Your child will develop valuable cognitive, spacial and social motor skills. Activities like kid's gymnastics are a great way to get your child moving and feeling more confident about his or her body’s abilities. Music and new noises will also stimulate the senses.
- Make new friends for your child - and for you! Your child will meet other kids their age and forge important new friendships. You will also have the chance to meet other mothers going through similar experiences. Then you’ll all be able to go on more playdates outside of the classes.
- Classes will get you out of the house and stop you from feeling isolated or lonely. Exercise regulates changing hormones post birth and helps reduce the effects of postpartum depression.
- Instill the importance of being healthy at a young age. It’s never too early to teach your children that exercising and staying healthy is one of the coolest things ever!
- Prepare your child for school. Interacting with other children and sharing space with others will get them ready for the social interaction that happens on a daily basis at school. It will also build their confidence and make them feel more in control of their body and actions.
Interested? Visit My Gym’s Children’s Fitness Center in Potomac, Maryland online or call (301) 983-5300 to get started. Don’t hesitate to ask more questions if you’re still unsure about the benefits of mommy & me classes! And if your child’s birthday is approaching, keep in mind that the fitness center also offers a great venue for children’s birthday parties!