Corona, New York
160 Broadway, Suite 502
New York, NY 10038
(212) 358-9690

Coming to America? Think again. April 13, 2016

Corona, Queens
Coming to America?  Think again.  , Queens, New York

Immigrating to the United States is not getting any easier!  Just think "Trump" and you know what I mean. Even visiting is difficult. Most people around the world are not permitted to step foot in the United States until after they have gone through a rigorous application process and interview at a U.S. consulate.  Many people apply and most are denied visas.  The truth is that often when someone submits an application for a visa, mistakes are made.  Either the wrong evidence is submitted, or not enough is. Or a form is improperly completed or the incorrect one used. Delays of weeks or years can be caused by the simplest oversight.  That's why having an experienced immigration lawyer is essential.  This is especially true if you are coming for an urgent matter.  Our office handles a broad range of cases and we have had experience with some very interesting and complex situations.  For example, we represent several top bands from Jamaica in the reggae music industry and they all need special visas to come and perform in the U.S. Entertainers often have to travel on a moments notice and missing a date can cost thousands of dollars in losses.  Obtaining an O visa is usually the best visa for artists and entertainers.  Once granted, the artist (or group) came come and go as often as necessary to perform.  The O visa is valid for three years, so there is no need to re-apply each year.  Since the music industry often moves quickly we have handled many visa applications on an expedited basis and helped our clients make their shows on time.  

Immigration law is affecting millions of people in the United States right now.  Millions have been deported just in the last few years, and families are being torn apart, children orphaned, and lives destroyed. My office fights to stop deportations and keep families together. Doing so usually involves utilizing sophisticated removal defense strategies in court and before other U.S. agencies.  There is a complex and arcane system which needs to be manipulated and cajoled in order to win a deportation case.  After working the system for more than 22 years, and represented thousands of individuals, I have a vast knowledge base to draw upon.  Bringing a family member to the U.S. like a parent or spouse seems like it should be simple, but it's not.  My office strives to streamline the visa process and complete visa processing quickly and smoothly for our clients. Having handled thousands of cases over the years, means we know the process and get it right the first time.  

immigration attorney

To learn more about my law firm's entertainment and family immigration services, call (212) 358-9690, or visiting us online

Other Announcements, Events and Deals from Neal Richardson Datta
New York’s Top Immigration Attorney Explains How the U.S. Immigration System Works, Queens, New York
The immigration system in the United States is very complex, so it’s hardly surprising that many individuals rely on the assistance of an immigration attorney like Neal more
December 23, 2016 12:15PM - December 23, 2016 5:15PM
IMMIGRATION FILING FEES GOING UP DEC 23, 2016. By --Neal Richardson Datta, Esq. The United State Citizenship and Immigration Service announced that filing fees for most more
Add to Calendar
Who Is the EB1-A Visa for? Experienced Immigration Attorney Explains, Queens, New York
The U.S. government makes several first-preference employment-based immigration visas available to aliens who possess extraordinary abilities in their fields. Neal Richardson Datta, more
How to Apply for U.S. Citizenship, From NYC's Best Immigration Lawyer, Queens, New York
Millions of people around the world dream of achieving U.S. Citizenship, but the rules for determining citizenship are complex and often confusing. Neal Richardson Datta, Attorney more
New York Immigration Attorney Explains the Benefits of Adjustment of Status, Queens, New York
If you are a non-citizen currently living in the United States on a temporary visa, you may want to apply for an adjustment of your status to become a permanent resident. As with more