How long has it been since your septic tank was serviced? There are six tell-tale signs that it’s time to have Great Bear Septic Services provide the septic tank care you need for your home.
If you notice any of these signs, it's time to book an appointment with the Mahopac, NY, septic solutions professionals:
- Pooling Water: Pooling water—particularly when it's on the lawn and drain field—probably means your septic tank needs servicing since the wastewater is above ground.
- Foul Odors: Smell the air inside or outside your home to determine the state of your septic tank. Bad odors coming from the kitchen sink, bathroom sink, bathtub, dishwasher, washing machine, or toilet could mean you have a tank issue.
- Slow Drains: When drains in your home become slow and cleaning your drains does not solve the problem, it’s an indication that you might need your tank pumped out.
- Sewage Backup: This is a very obvious tell-tale sign that you have a septic tank situation. Sewage backup is usually black and has a noxious odor.
- Drain Field Grass: If your drain field grass appears too lush and is greener than the rest of your lawn, your system may have too much rising water and need to be serviced.
- Nitrate Concentration: Test your water to check its bacteria levels and soil nitrates. A high reading is an indication that your septic tank needs service.
Even if you don't notice any of these signs, you should plan to have your system serviced every three to five years. From consultation to cleaning and servicing to maintenance, Great Bear Septic Services is dedicated to top-quality, fast, and convenient service.
This Putnam County septic solutions company is a 2015 winner of the Best of HomeAdvisor and is a favored contractor on Angie’s List. Great Bear Septic is also licensed by the Department of Environmental Conservation. Call (845) 621-0250 to speak with the septic professionals or visit their website for more information. You’ll be glad you did.