Since you see your home every day, you may not notice when it’s time to make improvements. The professional construction contractors at PWI Construction provide siding, gutter, home remodeling, and roof replacement services to residential and commercial clients in the Greater Dayton, OH, area. When you’re ready to upgrade the exterior of your home, they'll install high quality, low-maintenance siding that will protect your home for years to come.
How do you know when your home needs new siding? Look for the following signs:
- Damage: Hail and strong winds can cause your siding to crack, chip, and dent. Woodpeckers, insects, squirrels, and other wildlife can also damage wood siding.
- Loose Siding: When siding is installed incorrectly, you risk having it loosen or fall off. In this case, you will need to have your home’s siding replaced and correctly installed by a qualified contractor.
- Cracked Siding: The underlayment on your walls provides the base for your siding and wall insulation. Small cracks in your siding allow water to get through and penetrate your underlayment, which can lead to water getting into your home. Once the moisture enters your home, your interior wallpaper or paint can start to peel.
- Dry Rot: When moisture gets past the siding, it can get into the wood underneath and cause dry rot. This weakens the wood and can result in your siding coming loose or falling off. Once this happens, your home’s exterior will be exposed to the elements, and your siding will need to be replaced.
- New Addition: Constructing a new addition to your home means giving it the proper protection from the elements. Ask your contractor if you need siding for just the new space or if your home needs a complete siding replacement.
- Outdated Colors: Aluminum and vinyl siding last anywhere between 23 to 60 years, and stucco has a lifespan of approximately 50 years. Even though it lasts a long time, it may not always be in style. If your siding is a color that’s considered the neighborhood eyesore or takes away from your home’s curb appeal, it’s time for new siding.
Don’t let old siding compromise your home. Call PWI Construction at (937) 470-4622 to speak to a professional about how you can improve your home with a siding replacement. Learn more about their roofing and residential remodeling services by visiting their website today.