When you want steel for fencing, ductwork, metal roofs, support beams, or other outdoor projects, you need a material that is long-lasting, resists corrosion and rust, and withstands extreme weather and temperatures. American Metal Supply Co., the premier steel distributor and metal processing company in Louisville, KY, recommends galvanized steel for your next exterior project.
Galvanized steel offers numerous benefits, including the following:
- Durability: Galvanized sheet metal, bar steel, steel tubes, and fencing products are extremely durable. You can expect the coating to last up to 50 years in rural environments and 25 years in coastal environments or areas where thick smog and other pollutants occupy the air. Its metallurgical composition also makes it extremely resistant to damage during transport and service.
- Price: Galvanized steel coating costs less and is less labor intensive than painting and other types of coating. It's also a good long-term financial investment because of its durability and low maintenance requirements.
- Time: An entire galvanized coating applies in mere moments. Moreover, no on-site time is wasted by preparing, painting, and inspecting metal surfaces before erection, since galvanized steel is ready for use upon delivery from the steel distributor or metal processing company.
- Maintenance: Galvanized steel requires little upkeep, which is particularly important in remote areas and in cases where maintenance requires business interruptions—for instance, disruption of a plant production schedule.
- Protection: Galvanization protects every surface, even corners, nooks, crannies, and other inaccessible spots. The life span of galvanized sheet metal and other galvanized structures is reliable and predictable.
American Metal Supply Co., the most trusted steel distributor in Kentucky, has been satisfying Louisville customers since 1986. Their 30 years of experience and membership in the North American Steel Alliance make them a top choice for metal processing. They offer a variety of stainless and galvanized steel products in numerous forms and can tailor components to your needs. For more information on their services, visit their website, or call (502) 634-4321 to place your order from this steel distributor.