You found your dream dress and now it is time to start planning what bridal hair and makeup you want for your big day. We know how intimidating and stressful this can be; that is why our NYGLAMCLUB bridal experts have put together some key points to help you through the process.
Choose a Professional Makeup Artist
We recommend that you to book your bridal hair and makeup trial a minimum of 6 weeks ahead of your big day – a couple months is preferred. This will ensure you have enough time to find the perfect makeup artist and hairstylist to achieve the look you would like.
When once you have found the right bridal hair and makeup artist, make sure you ask the following questions:
- Always ask how many looks are they willing to do at the trial run and if they travel?
- Ask your artist to emphasize your eyes by brightening any dark areas under them along with color correcting and concealer.
- Ask if you will be able to purchase the lip products they will be using so you can touch up on your big day.
- Ask your stylist if you will need extensions and if they have experience working with them.
Quick Tip: If you’re thinking of tanning or getting a spray tan for your big day, try to set up a trial after your tan so the artist can see what color your skin becomes.
The Day of Your Trial
- Bring images veil or any headpieces to your bridal trial.
- Start looking for photos of hair and makeup styles you like ahead of time. Then bring them with you the day of your appointment to help your artist understand the look you want to achieve.
- Wear white to give you a better idea of what your makeup will look like against a pale color.
- Keep in mind that bridal makeup has to have enough color to offset for the whiteness of the dress. It’s not every day you get to wear a wedding dress, so there should be a difference in your makeup too.
- Camera and lights will tone down your makeup. So don't be scared to put on a little more makeup than you think you need.
- Ask about false eye lashes.They are perfect for enhancing your eyes and adding the glamour. If you never used them before your wedding is a good reason to try!
The NYGLAMCLUB bridal experts will take into consideration your skin tone and type, eye shape, hair texture, the climate and your style to achieve the look you desire for your special day. We will make sure you look breathtaking from the very moment he sees you walking down the aisle until the very last picture is taken. Let us create the customized bridal look you will fall in love with. Visit our website and submit your bridal form today! Or call 646-780-8730