Chelsea, New York
233 West 14th Street
New York, NY 10011
(212) 633-2200

Legal Document Preparation: How to Quickly Get a Passport in New York March 29, 2016

Chelsea, Manhattan
Legal Document Preparation: How to Quickly Get a Passport in New York, Manhattan, New York

In a perfect world, passports would never expire. Unfortunately, they do, and performing the proper legal document preparation in order to obtain a new one can be a complicated, lengthy process. If you need a new passport photo in New York because your passport has expired or you underwent a name change, We The People can help.

Passports that are issued to people over the age of 16 expire after 10 years. Children, even newborns also need a passport to travel abroad. You may also need to update your passport if you change your name after a marriage or divorce, and it can take several months to receive the updated passport. If you can’t wait that long, read on to learn how to obtain a passport as quickly as possible:

  • Go Through Government Channels You Can Trust: There are a lot of companies out there that claim to provide passport expeditor services; however, they often charge exorbitant fees, and you can never be sure they’ll protect your personal information or even deliver your passport on time as promised. The most reliable way to obtain a passport in a pinch is to go through the appropriate government channels, whose turnaround time is often three weeks or less.

legal document preparation

  • Get Off to a Good Start by Getting the Photo Right: There are a lot of requirements when it comes to passport photos. If you’re in a bind and need a new passport as soon as possible, you don’t want to mess up on the photo portion because that can delay the entire process. At We The People, they value your time, and you can have your passport photo taken in New York and printed on the spot in less than 10 minutes, all with total assurance that it will meet all government regulations.
  • Don’t Have Three Weeks? If you need a passport as soon as possible, you can still go through legitimate government channels. Just make an appointment at your local passport agency and be sure to bring your printed photo, proper documentation, and enough money to cover the fee. For a same-day passport, it’s $195.

Whether you’re in the process of filing bankruptcy or need help expediting a passport, We The People can help. They specialize in legal document preparation and always put their customers’ privacy first. If you need help expediting a passport in New York or submitting a name change, check out their website here.

Other Announcements, Events and Deals from We The People of NY
Understanding the Difference Between Legal Separation & Divorce, Manhattan, New York
If you’ve thought about filing for legal separation or divorce, it’s best to learn the key differences between the two before arriving to a final decision. The best more
4 FAQ About Name Changes, Manhattan, New York
You may decide to revert to your maiden name after your divorce, adjust your adopted child's name, or revise the spelling of your name. Whatever your reason, a name more
Why Choose A Legal Document Preparer Over A Lawyer When Filing for Divorce, Manhattan, New York
Many couples find they can devise the terms of their divorce or separation agreement without turning to the courts or consulting attorneys at all. Since filing for divorce calls for more
What Are the Consequences of Not Having a Will? , Manhattan, New York
One of the most significant legal documents an individual can prepare is a will. This important document allows you to entrust your assets and property to your loved ones. In the more
What Legal Documents Do You Need When Filing for Divorce?, Manhattan, New York
Filing for divorce takes more than a single signature on a piece of paper. You and your spouse will have to provide the court with certain legal documents. Knowing the paperwork more