Mixing, pouring, and watching concrete harden isn’t the last step of the job. It also takes skill and experience to complete the perfect finish. The L. Suzio York Hill Companies in Meriden, CT, has been a supplier of ready-mix concrete products for more than a century. If you have a project that requires concrete finishing, they have the right tips to put you on a path to success.
Follow these tips for better results with your concrete finish:
- Time Matters: Don’t waste time unloading and pouring your batched concrete. It should be done within an hour. Likewise, you should hurry to lay out the concrete, rod it off, and tamp it.
- Location Matters: After you’ve determined the final destination for the concrete, use screeding tools to strike it off. This brings the top surface to the proper grade.
- Do's: Finish bull floating before bleedwater or moisture appears on the surface. Cut the joints to be the same as the slab thickness.
- Don’ts: You shouldn’t tamp high-slump concrete or fresno the slab right after screeding it. This could cause blisters or sheet delamination. Avoid finishing concrete if there is bleedwater on the surface.
- Proper Care: Once you’re done with your concrete finishing, you should avoid driving on it for at least seven days. Also, don’t use salt on it during the first winter.
The L. Suzio York Hill Companies is one of the top suppliers of crushed trap rock and ready-mix concrete products in Connecticut. Customers can expect their concrete to be tailored to the specifications of their projects, whether it be for residential driveways or construction projects. The company specializes in a variety of concretes, including pervious concrete, self-consolidating concrete, asphalt, fiber reinforced concrete, and flowable fill.
Call The L. Suzio York Hill Companies at (203) 237-8421 to place an order for your concrete today. You can also learn more about their products and services online.