You don't have to be a dentist to know that the health of your gums is important. But, your dentist at North Pole Dental Workshop in Greater Fairbanks may be able to share some information to help you give your gums the care and attention they deserve. As a family dentist, Dr. Bauer takes pride in his practice for providing patients excellent care in and out of the office.
Here Dr. Bauer and his staff offer helpful tips for achieving excellent gum health:
- Brush: It's important to brush after every meal. Focus on the gums by brushing in a circular motion along the gum line. Don't brush too hard or you could cause irritation.
- Floss: Flossing cleans out the spaces between your teeth to prevent tartar buildup. It also prevents the gums from extending too far over your teeth. Again, be mindful of the pressure you apply.
- Rinse: If your main focus is gum health, choose an antiseptic mouthwash for your rinsing. Antiseptic mouthwash kills and prevents bacteria that creates plaque which leads to gum disease.
- Eat Well: For the sake of your teeth and gums, avoid eating foods that are high in sugar. They often contain acids that damage teeth and gums.
- Visit Your Dentist: Even if you follow the four previous tips, it's a good idea to visit your dentist regularly. Ideally, you should see your general dentist once every six months for a checkup.
Thanks to North Pole Dental Workshop, you've learned some important points to focus on when working toward healthier gums. Visit the Fairbanks practice online to view a full list of their services, and call (907) 490-4650 to schedule an appointment with the dentist today.