The Ikeda family has been committed to supplying Hawaii gardeners with high-quality gardening supplies since 1964. Their gardening store in Hilo, Garden Exchange, is a one-stop shop for expert gardeners and beginners alike. If you’re just getting started, this premier gardening store has the supplies and tools you’ll need to grow beautiful flowers and hardy plants.
When it comes to gardening tools, you don’t have to buy expensive, over-specialized tools. The experts from Garden Exchange suggest these five essential gardening tools to help you start and maintain a healthy, growing garden:
- Gloves: Durable gloves will protect you from thorns and splinters. When you’re not using them, make sure to store them away from sun, water, and insects.
- Spade: These small shovels make digging holes for plants and moving dirt effortless. Opt for a spade with a strong steel head and sturdy handle. A good spade is worth the price and will last you for a long time.
- Hoe: Choosing a hoe depends on the type of gardening you plan to do. For example, a veggie garden calls for a sturdy, wide hoe while a perennial garden requires a thinner, delicate hoe.
- Long Hose: Water gives your garden life. Pick a hose with an adjustable nozzle and a rain wand to help you control the water pressure and reach all areas of your garden.
- Wheelbarrow: If you need to move large amounts of dirt or compost, a wheelbarrow can help you get the job done quickly and efficiently.
Garden Exchange has an extensive inventory of plants, gardening tools, hand tools, and power equipment. High-quality products and customer service are top priorities for the owners and employees at this Hilo plant nursery. Visit the website to learn more about Hawaii’s best gardening store or call