When it comes to your health, few things are more important than a beautiful, cavity-free smile. And the dentists at San Bernardino's MGO Dental want to make sure your smile stays perfectly intact. But they can’t do it all on their own. They need your help and cooperation to ensure your smile is as healthy as possible. That’s why they suggest following a nutritious diet that’s free of added sugars and full of healthy choices.
Here are six foods you can snack on to make your next dentist visit a simple one:
- Fresh Fruit: It’s no secret that fresh fruit is one of the healthiest snacks you can eat. Not only does fruit have natural sugar that your body breaks down with ease, but many fruits have high water content, which helps keep your mouth clean. So, make apples, melons, berries, and other fruits a go-to snack.
- Veggies: The high fiber content in vegetables, especially the green ones, promotes good digestion, which is essential in keeping your teeth healthy. Good digestion reduces the likelihood of acid reflux, which can ruin tooth enamel.
- Tea: Black and green teas contain compounds called polyphenols. These slow the growth of bacteria within the oral cavity, making tea an excellent promoter of oral health.
- Cheese: Cheese is rich in both calcium and casein protein, both of which promote overall bone and tooth health.
- Sugarless Gum: If you have the urge to chew on something sweet, dentists suggest reaching for sugarless gum. Chewing gum produces excess saliva and this helps clear out harmful bacteria.
- Milk: Did you know that drinking a glass of milk after a meal can protect your teeth? Milk is known to neutralize some of the acid in your mouth and prevent it from destroying tooth enamel.
To learn more about cosmetic dentistry, teeth whitening, or how to achieve healthy teeth and gums for life, give MGO Dental in San Bernardino a call at (909) 386-3650 or visit the dentist practice online.