Are you aware that flossing each day can have huge benefits for your overall health? Although flossing is easy, inexpensive and takes very little time, many Americans do not remember to floss every day. If you need more convincing, take advice from the professionals at David M Kramer DDS, a premier general dentistry practice located in Fairport, NY. Dr. Kramer and his knowledgeable staff care about your oral health and urge you to make flossing a priority. To ensure a bright smile, here are five reasons you should floss daily:
- Flossing Prevents Tartar Build-Up: Flossing will help remove plaque before it hardens and becomes tartar. Once hardened, tartar must be removed with professional help. Flossing can help you avoid having the hygienist scrape away tartar buildup, which can cause pain and discomfort.
- Flossing Prevents Heart Disease & More: Flossing can prevent bacteria from harming parts of your body. An unhealthy mouth could lead to heart disease, diabetes, or respiratory illness.
- Flossing & Brushing Is More Effective: According to the American Dental Association (ADA) flossing and brushing is much more effective than brushing alone. If you floss, you’ll remove plaque and allow the fluoride in toothpaste to do its job.
- Flossing Protects Your Gums: Gingivitis, the first stage of gum disease, causes inflammation and bleeding gums. If left untreated, gum disease could lead to more severe issues.
- Flossing Saves You Money: Dental floss is inexpensive and effective at preventing more serious, costly dental procedures.
Dr. Kramer and his caring staff are committed to providing patients with gentle, personalized care. His general dentistry practice provides high quality service and top notch equipment for routine teeth cleanings, fillings, and more. To learn more about David M Kramer DDS and how his general dentistry practice can help you smile with confidence, visit the clinic online or call (585) 223-1980 to schedule an appointment today. Your smile is always a top priority at David M Kramer DDS.