Downtown Honolulu, Hawaii
735 Bishop Street, Suite 201
Honolulu, HI 96813
(808) 531-2277

3 Things You Should Know About Applying For a US Work Visa February 12, 2016

Downtown Honolulu, Honolulu
3 Things You Should Know About Applying For a US Work Visa, Honolulu, Hawaii

The United States government offers extensive visa options for foreign nationals who wish to pursue career opportunities in the U.S. However, knowing which visa you should apply for and how to navigate the process can be complex and overwhelming. The Law Office of Carmen DiAmore-Siah, a highly experienced immigration attorney in Honolulu, explains a few things you should know about applying for a U.S. work visa:

  • You Must Have A Sponsor: In order to quality for an O, L, or H-1 visa, you must have a U.S.-based employer sponsor your application. So before you begin the visa process, you first have to apply and be accepted for a position within the United States.
  • Most Visas Are Meant For High-Skill Workers: Generally, visas are reserved for workers who possess specialized skills, extensive work experience, or, at least, a bachelor's degree in a science, technology, engineering, or a math-related field. O visas, however, are available to artists and entertainers who can demonstrate exceptional merit.
  • U.S. Applicants Receive Priority: When sponsoring an application, an employer will have to show that not only do you have the necessary skills and experience for the position, but also that they cannot find an American citizen who can perform the job.

immigration law

With more than 20 years of experience, the Law Office of Carmen DiAmore-Siah possesses an in-depth understanding of every aspect of immigration law. They have translators on hand for a variety of languages and are equipped to handle almost any legal issue. Visit their website to learn more about their range of services, or call (808) 531-2277 for a consultation.

Other Announcements, Events and Deals from Law Office of Carmen DiAmore-Siah
What You Should Know About the O-1 Visa, Honolulu, Hawaii
The O-1 visa program is reserved for professionals with extraordinary abilities in science, business, athletics, education, or the arts. While these visas can often be secured more
Immigration Through Adoption: What You Should Know , Honolulu, Hawaii
Do you know there are ways to accomplish United States citizenship by immigration through adoption? At the Law Office of Carmen Di Amore-Siah in Honolulu, HI, experienced attorneys more
How You Can Achieve U.S. Citizenship, Honolulu, Hawaii
It’s a dream of many people all over the world to achieve U.S. Citizenship. The road towards citizenship can be a long one however, and it’s important to know what to expect to more
What You Should Know About Obtaining a Work Visa, Honolulu, Hawaii
The strength of the American economy and the range of opportunities make the United States especially attractive to workers from around the world. While the government welcomes more
5 Reasons to Hire an Immigration Lawyer, Honolulu, Hawaii
Whether you’re applying for a green card or want to extend your H1B visa, it’s wise to hire a lawyer when dealing with the complicated paperwork involved. While many people enter more