For decades, concrete has been one of the world’s leading construction materials. It’s versatile, long-lasting, and relatively inexpensive. The L. Suzio York Hill Companies in South Central Connecticut carry a wide variety of different concretes, each one designed to be sturdy and easy to mix. If you’re just getting started on a home improvement project, or building an add-on to your house, concrete is the perfect building material. Here are a few other uses for concrete in your home:
- Furniture: This is more for the outside than the inside, but creating some concrete furniture or planters for your garden will give it a unique, modern look. It might even make the neighbors a little jealous.
- Walls: Concrete walls can give your home that modern, industrial look that's so popular nowadays. If you’ve been thinking about employing a more minimalist design scheme, concrete walls are a great option.
- Bathrooms: One of the benefits of concrete is that it tends to remain cooler than many other building materials, making it the perfect material for a bathroom sink or shower fixture.
- Patio: If you’ve been wanting to give your patio a facelift, concrete could be the perfect thing. Concrete is easily manipulated, allowing you to come up with some interesting tile designs for your patio.
- Countertops: Want to make your home look a bit more modern? Similar to granite countertops, concrete countertops are long-lasting, functional, and add a unique aesthetic to your home.
To learn more about how to use concrete or crushed stone in your home, contact the experts from The L. Suzio York Hill Companies today at (203) 237-8421. They specialize in all the ready-mix concrete products available on the market today, so visit them online for an extensive look at their inventory.