Heidi's House by The Side of The Road is Carnegie Hill's favorite intimate, locally sourced restaurant. Chef Cipriano Pita uses seasonal flavors and produce to inspire his creations. Seasonal flavors also crop up on Heidi's huge drink menu. You'll be astonished when you experience the extensive list of beers, ales, ciders, and wines offered by this small, cozy restaurant on the Upper East Side.
Fall flavors are warm and rich, pairing beautifully with the cool breezes and falling leaves. Stop in between 5 and 6 p.m. for Happy Hour when beers are a dollar off, wines two, and delicious snack-sized nibbles are available to tide you over until dinner.
Here are a few delicious beverages that you'll be craving when the weather changes:
- Magner's Irish Cider has a red-copper-golden color with citrus, floral, and apple notes. Perfect for apple picking season!
- Dogfish Head's Pumpkin Ale is a full-bodied brown ale brewed with real pumpkin and spices.
- Two Brothers Cain and Ebel Red Rye Ale is reddish with notes of pine, rye, and a slight bitterness - get it?
- Helles Schlenkerla Lager is a16.9-ounce serving of Bavarian hops and subtle smoky flavors.
- Troubador Obscura Milk Stout is a rich amber color with malt, fit, and dried fruit notes.
There are non-alcoholic treats for fall as well like ginger beer, birch beer, dandelion & burdock soda, root beer, and a large selection of organic coffees and teas. On a particularly chilly night, stop by Heidi's and share their famous gluten free chocolate soufflé made with Belgian dark chocolate. Try some of these and many other craft beers and unique wines at Heidi's House by The Side of The Road. This Carnegie Hill organic restaurant doesn't take reservations, but if you call (212) 249-0069 after five they are happy to put you on the list.