If you’re ready to tackle your next paint project, choosing the right color shouldn’t be your only consideration. The paint finish you choose will determine the shine and durability of the paint job. The painting contractors at Heritage Painting, an exterior and interior painting company in Cincinnati, will help you choose the right paint finish to achieve the look and ambiance you want.
There are five main types of interior painting finishes: flat, eggshell, satin, semi-gloss, and high gloss. Generally, the higher the sheen, the higher the shine, and the higher the shine, the more durable the paint will be.
- Flat Finish: Also known as matte finish, a flat finish has the least amount of shine. It soaks up light rather than reflecting it, so it is good for walls that have bumps or small cracks. However, it’s hard to clean, so avoid using this finish in the kitchen, bathroom, or children’s bedrooms.
- Eggshell Finish: Eggshell is similar to a flat finish but has a low luster. It is a little more durable than a flat finish and can be wiped with a wet rag, so it’s great for dining rooms and living rooms.
- Satin Finish: Often described as velvety, this is the most popular paint finish. Easy to clean, the satin finish is good from family rooms, children’s bedrooms, and hallways. However, a satin finish reveals application flaws, such as roller or brush strokes. And if you use a satin finish on a bad drywall job, you’ll get poor results.
- Semi-gloss Finish: Semi-gloss is tough. It can handle a good cleaning, so it’s good for bedrooms and bathrooms. The painting contractors at Heritage Painting also use this finish for moldings, doors, and windows.
- High-gloss Finish: This finish is the most durable of all the finishes. It’s stain resistant and scrubbable. It is perfect for kitchens, windows, and door trims.
No matter what interior painting finish you choose, the painting contractors at Heritage Painting will breathe new life into your room by updating the paint color. For more information about the best painting company in Cincinnati, visit the Heritage Paining website, or call (513) 374-6999 for a free estimate.