We The People of NY is a locally-owned legal document preparation service with a 25-year track record of friendly, expert service in a wide range of areas. In addition to helping New Yorkers fill out and prepare their divorce paperwork and business filings, they'll also help you start a nonprofit, or 501(c3), if you're starting a company dedicated to the arts, charity, healthcare, or any other activity in which profit is not the primary motive.
Unlike other companies, a 501(c3) is eligible for tax-exempt status, but claiming that exemption can be a complex process, requiring several forms submitted to many different branches of the government. After helping you file the incorporation of your new enterprise, We The People of NY will also walk you through the submission process, taking a lot of the confusion and stress out of the process.
If you're applying for tax-exempt status, you'll need to:
- Select a unique company name which fulfills all New York State Regulations
- Submit your Articles of Incorporation, along with a small filing fee
- Submit all State and Federal tax-exempt applications
- Create corporate bylaws, the document which describes all operating rules for your new nonprofit corporation.
- Appoint all directors
- Conduct the initial board meeting
When you're starting a company or applying for tax-exempt status, having all of your forms and documents completed to proper standards can significantly speed up the process and improve your chances of success. Visit We The People of NY online now to see how they can help, call (212) 633-2200 with any questions, or just drop by their convenient storefront at 233 West 14th St. between 7th and 8th Avenues today.