Buying your first home can be one of the most exciting moments of your life, and it’s a big step financially. It can be overwhelming to shop for your first house, and the mortgage loan process can be very intimidating. Premium Mortgage Corporation of New York and Vermont has great advice for first-time buyers that will give you confidence as you set foot into the world of real estate:
- Work With Qualified Professionals: Get pre-approved for your mortgage loan from a reputable lender and choose a certified realtor before you start house hunting in earnest.
- Make Long-Term Plans: You’ll get the most out of your investment if you stay in your new home for at least five years, so be sure to choose a neighborhood and house you’ll be happy with for the foreseeable future.
- Get Smart: There are usually seminars for first-time buyers, and many realtors are happy to sit down to explain the process before you even set foot in that first showing.
- Make Sure It's Affordable: It’s not a good idea to stretch your wallet thin by taking out the biggest mortgage loan you qualify for. Make sure you will have money left over for savings at the end of each month.
- Take Your Time: There’s no rush! You don't want to move into a place you aren't satisfied with. Keep looking until you find the perfect house for you.
When you’re ready to learn more about choosing the right mortgage for your situation, contact Premium Mortgage Corporation. Call their Rochester office at (585) 241-0000 or visit the website for more information.
Corporate Contact information:
2541 Monroe Avenue, Rochester, NY 14618
Equal Housing Lender
Licensed Mortgage Banker NYSDFS