As your child reaches preschool age, you may begin wondering how you can make learning fun. Crayon Box Preschool is at the top of the list for preschool programs in Flushing, NY. They believe in combining explorative and engaging activities with the fundamentals of early education. From arts and crafts to outdoor activities, Crayon Box Preschool seeks to foster cognitive, social, and physical skills needed to succeed and have some fun in the process!
Here are five ideas for fun and educational games to play with your child:
- Charades: Preschoolers can be extremely energetic. Playing charades feeds that energy and will help develop skills such as emotional and social awareness. Use clues like animals, favorite cartoon characters, and simple emotions like “happy” or “sad.”
- I Spy: It's the classic game everyone knows that starts with, "I spy something..." But did you know it helps in the development of attention span and working memory? It's also still very effective in averting boredom on long road trips with the family.
- Counting: Your child will soon start to grasp the essential idea of counting. A great game to play is counting objects of a particular color around your house or during the car ride to the day care center.
- Grocery Store Trip: Shopping for food with kids can be stressful. Make a game out of it! The grocery store is bright, colorful, and packed with fruits and veggies they’ll learn in their preschool program. Let them show off and identify the tasty foods you toss in the cart. If they don’t know, teach them!
- Bring On The Animals: Kids are crazy about animals. Some Zoos have fun and educational activities geared towards children such as interactive games at the discovery center and a conservation quest around the zoo.
Crayon Box Preschool in Flushing, NY, provides a safe, enriching environment for children age three to five where they will feel free to explore new ideas and enjoy learning every day! If you’re interested in more information about this one-of-kind childcare academy, please call (718) 888-9341 or visit their website.