Most tiles themselves are a cinch to wipe down — it's the grout in-between that's the real troublemaker. This porous compound is incredibly prone to staining, and its propensity to harbor mold and mildew doesn't make it any easier. You can scrub this stubborn substance until your elbows are sore, and still not make any progress! So how are you supposed to get any tile and grout cleaning done?
Let's ask the experts. Mr. K's Carpet Service has been in business for nearly four decades, serving Goshen, NY, with superior carpet, upholstery, tile, and grout cleaning services. If your tile and grout cleaning is giving you a headache, they suggest you try one of the following:
- Elbow Grease: You heard correctly. Grab a stiff-bristled brush, wet it with water, and get ready to scrub in a circular motion for a while. It really does work — but you'll probably only want to do this for small sections of grout.
- Baking Soda & Vinegar: For extra power, you can make a paste with baking soda and water and spread it over your grout lines. Spray it with a vinegar solution, let it foam for a few minutes, then get to work with that stiff-bristled brush. You can also use hydrogen peroxide in your baking soda paste.
- Oxygen & Chlorine Bleach Products: Bleach may not be environmentally friendly, but it gets the job done. Keep in mind that chlorine bleach used repeatedly will erode grout. Always rinse thoroughly when using bleach!
- Steam Cleaners: They're not just for carpet cleaning! Steam cleaning is of the most environmentally friendly (and easiest) methods for tile and grout cleaning.
- Call The Experts: If you would rather not spend an afternoon scrubbing grout, why not call in the professionals? With their industrial grade equipment and years of experience, it won't take them nearly as long to restore even the most heavily stained grout lines.
Mr. K's Carpet Service was voted Carpet Cleaner of the Year in 2015 by the Times Herald-Record. To request an estimate for tile and grout cleaning, call (845) 294-5345 ,or visit Orange County's best professional carpet cleaners online.