Pets aren’t just animals; they are members of your family, and their health should be as important to you as your own.
The team at Waipahu Waikele Pet Hospital in Waipahu, Hawaii, wants to make sure their furry patients encounter as few health problems as possible so that their owners can save money and worry less. If you have a cat or dog, here are a few ways you can make sure your furry best friend receives the best animal care possible:
- Maintain Healthy Weight: Obesity is a concern for your pet's health, too. Overweight animals are more susceptible to diabetes, arthritis, cancer, and strokes.
- Spay And Neuter Your Pet: Up to 10 million animals end up in animal shelters each year in the United States. Spaying and neutering your pets not only helps decrease those statistics, it can provide health benefits, too. Studies have proven that spaying and neutering lowers a pet's risk of cancer, decreases aggression, and reduces an animal’s tendency to roam into dangerous territory.
- Use Flea And Tick Medicine: Fleas are the most common parasite to affect pets, and year-round prevention such as Frontline or Advantage is the best way to prevent the irritated skin, loss of fur, hot spots, and tapeworm infections associated with the pests.
- Have Regular Checkups: A veterinarian visit at least once a year can alert you to potential health problems. A veterinarian can also advise you on the best food to buy, give dental exams, and recommend lifestyle changes as pets age. Vaccinations are also vital to a pet’s well-being.
- Brush Their Teeth: Regular dental cleanings help keep animals’ teeth strong. Dental disease in dogs and cats is not uncommon and if left untreated, it can lead to abscesses, tooth loss, and pain.
Waipahu Waikele Pet Hospital specializes in pet medicine and animal care for small and large animals, including birds, cats, and dogs.
Find out why it's considered one of the best veterinary hospitals in Waipahu, Hawaii. Call (808) 671-7387 to schedule an appointment or visit the clinic’s website for more information.