Louise E. Tortora, DPM
Fairfield Foot & Ankle Specialist
Louise E. Tortora, DPM
Your feet and ankles provide the vital support you need to get around each day. If they’re not functioning as well as they should be, you may experience pain and other unwanted side effects. At Louise E. Tortora, DPM in Fairfield, CT, expert podiatrist Dr. Tortora diagnoses, treats, and helps heal issues related to foot and ankle pain so your feet can get the support they need.
The caring staff at Louise E. Tortora, DPM is experienced in treating foot conditions in people of all ages, from infants to the elderly. They offer education and support and can medically treat any foot condition.
Whether you’re suffering from bunions or nail fungus, this Connecticut podiatrist and her team offer an array of effective treatments, including:
- Treatment For Calluses & Corns: Calluses and corns can be very painful, and they only worsen with restrictive footwear. Dr. Tortora can provide the best treatment to ease your pain and remove the protrusions.
- Clubfoot Treatment: This birth abnormality affects about one in every 1,000 newborns, but it is treatable. To ensure that newborns don’t experience pain and issues later on in life, a therapeutic treatment is applied to gradually restore the correct positioning of the foot.
- Diabetic Foot Care: People with diabetes are particularly at risk of foot complications, in part due to decreased blood flow. A podiatrist can help you properly care for your feet.
- Bunion Treatment: Among the most common foot disorders, bunions are caused by both congenital and external factors. Dr. Tortora can provide therapeutic support for bunions, and if the condition is advanced, she can also administer surgery.
- Hammertoe Treatment: Characterized by bent joints in the toes, hammertoes can be caused by genetics or poorly fitted footwear. A painful hammertoe can be corrected by therapeutic treatment, and if necessary, surgery.
- Ingrown Toenails: Ingrown toenails are extremely common, but are painful and can become infected. A podiatrist can help you effectively treat the condition and prevent it from happening in the future.
- Sports Injury Therapy: Injuries to the feet and ankles are rampant among athletes. Louise E. Tortora, DPM can give you the support you need for a wide range of sports-related conditions.
- Toenail Fungus: Toenail fungus can often go undetected. When it escalates, though, it can cause pain and other serious issues. Dr. Tortora can simply and effectively treat toenail fungus so you won't have to worry about it again.
No matter what ails you, this podiatrist and her caring staff will give you the support you need. To make an appointment, call the trusted office of Louise E. Tortora, DPM today at (203) 254-0093, or visit their website to learn more.