EFFORTLESS LENTIL STEW.
Ingredients: (serves 4 – 6)
- 2 cups lentils
- 3-4 cloves garlic
- 1 medium onion
- 2 medium carrots
- 2 celery stacks
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 5 cups of vegetable broth (I use Pacific Organic Veg Broth)
- In a large pot, heat olive oil on medium heat.
- Add diced garlic, onion and sliced carrots. Cook for about 5 minutes, stiring occasionally.
- Add celery, cumin and sea salt. Cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- The onion should be soft by now, so you can the lentils (make sure to wash lentils thoroughly) and the vegetable broth to the mixture.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to low.
- Partially cover and simmer for about 30 minutes. Make sure that the lentils are completely soft. If they’re not you can allow the stew to continue to simmer, until the lentils get soft.
Serving Suggestion: Add freshly ground pepper, and fresh or dried parsley and serve with brown rice, quinoa or a mixture of the two. Add side of spring mix and cherry tomatoes, if available.