Driving during the winter is frequently more dangerous than driving at other times of the year. Snow, ice, high winds, and freezing temperatures can wreak havoc on an unprepared driver. Don’t let yourself get caught stranded on the side of a road without a running car in the middle of a snowstorm. Make sure you’re prepared for winter by visiting Midas of Bratcher Enterprises at any of their 12 locations throughout Illinois. They’ll perform the necessary vehicle maintenance to keep you safe on the roads.
- Battery: There's no warning light in your car to let you know when your battery is running out of juice: it will just die. Unfortunately, the cold weather can make your battery die out even more quickly. Midas of Bratcher Enterprises will check your battery to make sure it has the strength your car needs to run even in the coldest temperatures.
- Antifreeze: If you haven’t had your antifreeze checked in a while, head into Midas of Bratcher Enterprises immediately. Antifreeze is what keeps your pipes and other car parts from bursting or freezing when the temperatures drop.
- Tires: Slippery winter roads require the right tires, and cold weather also causes tire pressure to drop. Make sure you check your tire pressure and tread depth before you head out on icy roads and risk a loss of traction.
- Brake Replacement: Dealing with wet roads and ice requires brakes that respond like they're supposed to. You don’t want to be heading toward a stoplight and not be able to stop your car. If your car is pulling to the side, squealing, or your car is taking a long time to stop even after you've stepped on the brakes, the experienced team at Midas of Bratcher Enterprises can help.
- Wipers: Don’t wait until you’re driving in a snowstorm, unable to see out of your front window, to change your windshield wipers. Ensure your safety by changing your wiper blades. It’s an easy $20 fix that’s well worth the effort.
Make sure you’re ready for the Illinois winter by heading to Midas of Bratcher Enterprises today. Call the location nearest you to schedule an appointment, or visit their website for more information.