Flossing has been proven to be greatly beneficial to your teeth, so why is it so hard for everyone to make it a daily habit, especially when it comes to kids? Thankfully, children's dentist Dr. Chris Coplin and his staff at Alaska Dentistry for Kids in Anchorage, AK, are fluent in kid-speak (y se hablan español!), so they know just the right way to get across how important flossing is at an early age and beyond.
It might seem like a chore, but the fact of the matter is that brushing alone will never take care of everything. That's where flossing comes in, and if you haven't already embraced it, there's no better time to start than now. The earlier you begin practicing good oral hygiene habits, the more natural flossing will become as a part of your daily routine.
Here are just some of the benefits regular flossing provides:
- Gets Rid Of Trapped Food Particles: Flossing removes food and other debris that can get caught between the teeth that toothbrushes can't reach.
- Encourages Fresh Breath: Flossing staves off bad breath, because it removes bacteria and food particles that can create unpleasant odors in your mouth.
- Reduces Your Risk For Tooth Decay & Plaque: Effective cleaning fights the development of plaque and removes it from tight spaces.
- Polishes Teeth: Flossing helps polish teeth so they appear whiter and brighter.
- Prevents Gum Disease: Regular flossing keeps away serious gum diseases, like gingivitis and periodontitis.
The children's dentist and expert staff at Alaska Dentistry for Kids can get your child on the right path toward exceptional oral health. In addition to brushing your teeth twice a day and flossing daily, you should also schedule regular cleaning appointments with your dentist every six months. Visit their website for more information on their history, services, and special-needs dentistry accommodations, or give them a call at (907) 274-2525.