Fortunately for Anchorage homeowners, the professionals at Artic Chain Plumbing & Heating provide reliable heating repair service for residential customers. If you’re looking to save some money on your heating bill this winter, try some of these easy tips from the best heating contractors in Anchorage:
- Use Your Ceiling Fan: If you switch the blade to spin clockwise, it will help to release the warm air that has risen and distribute it throughout the rest of the room.
- Hang Thermal Curtains: Thermal curtains are made of thicker material designed to keep cold air out and warm air in. Don’t mistake energy-efficient curtains for unattractive ones, though. There are many curtains on the market that are as beautiful as they are efficient.
- Invest In Warm Bedding: Sometimes the simplest solutions are the best, so remember to buy warm blankets and bedding for cold nights. Don’t be afraid to splurge on some of the better down-filled options. Staying warm under the covers means that you can turn down the thermostat and save money.
- Unblock Heating Units: Do you have a couch in front of a floorboard heater? Did you use your furnace as a shelf during the summer? Now’s the time to clear the way for your heating units so that you don’t block any flow of warm air in your home.
- Let The Sunshine In: On sunny days, open up your curtains and let the sunlight stream in for some natural heat energy. When the sun goes down, pull the curtains closed to keep the warmth in the room.
For more information about heating repair service for your home, call Arctic Chain Plumbing & Heating at (907) 344-2060, or visit them on the web.