Hemley's Septic Tank Cleaning, in Gig Harbor, WA, has seen it all. Since 1962, our family operation has specialized in septic tank pumping, maintenance and installation as well as sewage pump repairs and associated jobs. Over the years, we’ve seen various types of unknowing septic system mismanagement, all of which have led to serious problems in septic tanks.
In order to help you better care for your system, we’d like to present the following list of septic tank dos and don’ts so you’re not stuck dealing with a messy problem:
- Septic Tank Don’ts
- Never pour kitchen grease or oil, much less household chemicals, down the sink or toilet.
- Coffee grounds should be put in the trash, not down the sink.
- Don’t flush non-biodegradable products, including cigarette butts, dental floss, diapers, cat litter and paper towels, down the toilet.
- Never park on or near the drain field.
- Septic Tank Dos
- Limit use of the garbage disposal as much as possible.
- Dispose of grease by placing it in a container to harden before throwing in the trash.
- Consult with a professional about how far away from the drain field you should be before planting anything.
- Make sure your plumbing system is in good shape, and have your septic tank regularly inspected, cleaned and pumped.
By sticking to these guidelines, you can ensure that your system works reliably for a long time. We at Hemley's Septic Tank Cleaning thank you for reading our septic tank suggestions. Check out our website if you’d like to learn more dos and don'ts or for more information about what we do. If you need septic service, give us a call at (800) 699-7854 during business hours and (253) 851-3432 after hours.