Many people in Hawaii opt to sell their vehicles if they’re moving long-distance simply because it's challenging to find affordable overseas transportation, but the professional movers at M. Dyer & Sons, Inc. can help island residents move with their cars in tow.
For more than 45 years, M. Dyer & Sons, Inc. has assisted Honolulu’s families and businesses with moving and storage services, including automobile relocation from Oʻahu to another island, state or country.
If you need help moving your vehicle, the experts at M. Dyer & Sons, Inc. requires the following to safely transport your vehicle:
- Keys: Provide a set of all of keys for your vehicle.
- Brakes: The vehicle’s brakes must be in good condition.
- Gas: There should be no more than 1/4-tank full of fuel.
- Ground Clearance: The vehicle must have at least four inches of ground clearance.
- Fluids: Fluid leaks are not allowed.
- Cleaning: Vehicles should be cleaned of all soil, including the wheel wells and tires. Also, remove all personal items, excluding the spare tire, tire jack, and floor mats. Make sure any garage door or gate opener is removed from the vehicle.
- Battery: Be aware the battery might be disconnected during the transport.
- Notice Of Modifications: Disclose any modifications made to the vehicle, such as four-by-four lift kits, lowered suspensions, and camper tops.
- Alarms: Disconnect any alarm system.
- Prohibited Items: Make certain there are no plants, hazardous materials, fireworks, or firearms inside the vehicle.
If you want to move your vehicle from Oʻahu, call M. Dyer & Sons, Inc. at (808) 456-4200 for an estimate on shipping costs. You can also learn more about the moving company’s many moving services online.