Even if you’ve got plenty of income, it can seem like there’s no end to the bills you have to pay. Fortunately, there are ways to cut some of these costs, and, as the plumbing contractors at Anchorage, AK, based Arctic Chain Plumbing & Heating like to emphasize, cutting water consumption, and therefore the amount you pay for it, is an especially easy way to do so. These experts offer everything from heating services including boiler installation and repair to plumbing services including pipe thawing, and they know that there are various ways to conserve both water and money.
What are some ways to cut back on the amount you pay for water every month? Consider the following:
- Take Shorter Showers: It doesn’t take much to make a big difference here. According to US News & World Report, a mere 4 minute reduction in time spent showering can reduce water consumption by about 4,000 gallons a year.
- Run Appliances At Capacity: Wait until you have full loads of laundry or dirty dishes before running washing machines or dishwashers. Neither of these appliances can sense when you don’t have a full load so they run a full force cycle no matter how many clothes or dishes are waiting to be washed.
- Low-Flow Shower Heads: Installing this type of showerhead can reduce water use during showers by up to 50%.
- Refrigerate Drinking Water: Rather than running the tap and waiting until water cools down, store water in the fridge.
- Take Care of Leaks: If you’re seeing evidence of leaky pipes, call someone in for plumbing repair as soon as possible. Poorly maintained systems not only cause property damage (and serious inconvenience) but can also lead to spikes on the bill.
If you’re interested in learning more about ways to optimize your home’s water usage, need plumbing maintenance or work done on your heating system, the professionals at Arctic Chain Plumbing & Heating are ready to help. Check out this dedicated local business’s web site to learn more, or call them at (907) 344-2060 any time of day or night.