If you purchased a commercial or residential property with a spouse or partner, it works in your best interest to get a certified appraisal of the property. If worse comes to worse and the partnership is dissolved, you will need to know the value of the property in order to divide all assets equally. Metro Appraisal Associates offers real estate appraisals that will provide the information that is needed.
If you’re facing the dissolution of a partnership, and you need an appraisal, Metro Appraisal wants you to be aware of the following:
- Your Presence Will Be Helpful: Having all parties available to the appraiser at Metro Appraisal Associates allows you to make an input and accept the final document.
- Inform The Appraiser of Maintenance: Certified appraisers recommend preparing your property for an appraisal by completing maintenance jobs in advance. It also helps to inform your appraiser of any recent renovations that were done on the home.
- Note The Factors Influencing The Value: An appraiser will factor in the size, age, and condition of the home, as well as the home’s location and extra amenities when performing an appraisal.
Once the property has been appraised, the dissolution of the partnership can continue, and the former partners will need to come to an agreement regarding the property. Some of the top property options include the following:
- A Buyout: One partner can buy the property from the other partner.
- A Sale: The property can be sold, and the assets resulting from the sale can be divided between the parties.
- A Court Ruling: If there are disputes, the court can decide, based on appraised values, who gets what.
No matter the type of appraisal you need, Metro Appraisal Associates is the only company you need to call. They offer appraisal services for a range of needs, including bankruptcy appraisals, relocation appraisals, tax assessment reviews and more. To get an accurate value of a real estate property in Rochester, NY, visit Metro Appraisal Associates online or give them a call at (585) 225-3042.