You’ve decided to upgrade your yard, and now you want to add a retaining wall to enhance its appearance. But how do you know which one to choose? Rugged Slopes Hawaii provides quality retaining walls, concrete walls, foundations, and excavation services to the residents and businesses in Honolulu, HI. Here. they offer tips on how to find the right retaining wall for your needs.
- Materials: Retaining walls are built
with either concrete blocks or natural stone.
- Concrete blocks are extremely durable, but are not aesthetically pleasing. A masonry contractor can alter their shapes so the resulting retaining wall will have a pleasant design.
- Natural stone walls are made from cut stones that are stacked and held in place by their own weight. This type of wall has a rustic appearance, and it takes an experienced contractor to create a wall that maintains its stability while being visually pleasing.
Whether you choose a concrete or natural stone wall, the expert contractors at Rugged Slopes Hawaii will make sure your retaining wall is made to your satisfaction.
- Design: If you choose concrete
blocks, the resulting look of your retaining wall is dependent on its
design and height. The three types of designs are keyed and battered,
backfill traps, and geo-grid webs.
- Key and battered design places the concrete blocks into a keyed pattern and the wall leans into the hillside.
- Backfill traps have backfill added in between the blocks to keep them in place.
- Geo-grid web has woven nets attached to the blocks. These nets are buried in the hillside to ensure the stability of the blocks and to keep them in place.
Rugged Slopes Hawaii has the expertise to build your retaining wall in a design that will complement your landscaping.
- Height: The size of your yard and the purpose of your retaining wall will determine the height of the wall. The qualified engineers at Rugged Slopes Hawaii will assess your space to figure out the proper height of your wall.
When you have decided what type of retaining wall is right for you, contact Rugged Slopes Hawaii at (808) 722-4918 to speak with a professional about your retaining wall needs. You can also visit them online to learn about their masonry, excavation, and hauling services.