With the housing market heating up, it's an exciting time to put your house up for sale. But trying to sell your home while you still live in it has its challenges. Here are five tips to help you prepare from M. Dyer & Sons, Pearl City, Hawaii's best moving company:
- Live Lightly: You may have to make some sacrifices to ensure that your home shows well even though you still live in it. If you know a potential buyer will be visiting, think twice before leaving your shoes in the doorway or cooking something with a lingering smell.
- Deep Clean The Closet: Though it's tempting to toss odds and ends in the closet and shut the door, it'll be one of the first spots a potential buyer will want to check out. Take the time to purge unwanted items and organize the rest; when it's time to move you'll be grateful you had that head start.
- Think Tidy: Too much furniture and too many knickknacks can overwhelm a space. Remember little housekeeping tasks too: piles of laundry, dusty mirrors and dirty dishes will be eyesores to visitors.
- Amp Up The Curb Appeal: Never underestimate the power of an exterior to make—or break—a sale. Keep the grass cut and the hedges trimmed, and finish any home improvement tasks you've been meaning to tackle.
- Appeal to All The Senses: The look of your property is important, but don't neglect the other senses. Light scented candles to give the home a fresh smell. Close the windows to muffle outdoor noises.
When it's time to relocate, trust your move to M. Dyer & Sons, Oahu's best moving company for over 45 years. To learn more about preparing for moving, storage, and more, call (808) 922-2490 or visit their website.