If your heating and cooling systems are showing signs of their age, it may be time to invest in a new HVAC system. The pros at ADE Heating and Cooling in Forked River, NJ have more than 30 years of experience in HVAC design and installation, and they advise keeping the following tips in mind as you consider getting a new system:
- Get an initial inspection. Bring a contractor out to assess your existing heating and air conditioning systems and to explain your options going forward.
- Replace all of your HVAC systems at the same time. Otherwise, you run the risk that they will not be able to work together, which costs you more money on repairs and excess energy usage in the long run.
- Request a load calculation. Your HVAC contractor can perform this calculation to determine what size equipment is optimal for your energy needs, so you won’t spend your winters freezing as a result of an undersized heater.
- Before making a decision, look at your house itself. Making a few energy improvements to your home ahead of installing the new HVAC systems can reduce your energy bill and may even result in a smaller, more efficient HVAC unit.
- Calculate your energy bill. Ask your HVAC contractor to estimate the annual costs of operating various HVAC systems so you can determine how much you will ultimately spend.
- Ask about the warranty. Warranties vary widely from system to system, so it’s important to know what is covered and for what length of time.
Heating and cooling your home comprises almost half of your energy bill, so you want to make sure you are investing in models that will serve you well over the next decade. For service and advice you can trust, call ADE Heating and Cooling at (609) 693-6050.