So, you're moving into a new home or office! Professional movers at M. Dyer & Sons know just how exciting and challenging moving can be. While these expert movers will provide the highest quality moving services, they also want you to be fully prepared for your transition. Below you can find five moving tips, all of which are guaranteed to help you on your big day.
- Make sure you pack an overnight/day bag: When you arrive to your new home or office, you will most likely be very tired. By packing an overnight or day bag, you will have quick access to necessary items. If you are moving to a new home, make sure you pack toiletries, medication, and any other necessary items that you will need for work the next day. If you are moving into an office, bringing current projects (files, discs, note books, etc.) in a day bag can help you transition smoothly.
- Show up ahead of time and clean/stock the areas you will use immediately: If you are moving into a new home, it can be very helpful to show up before the movers and clean your bathroom and kitchen first. Put up a new shower curtain, fill your shower with soaps, place your toothbrush near the medicine cabinet, and most importantly--make sure you have toilet paper. If you are moving into a new office, wipe down your new area and make sure you are fully stocked with pencils, pens, and office supplies.
- Take a photograph of all electronic setups so you can reinstall them with ease: Can't remember where all of those colorful DVD plugs go? And how about your television set? If you are moving into a new office, make sure you know how to set up all landlines and office equipment. A photograph will make re-assembly simple and quick.
- Make sure you change your address two weeks prior to moving: Don't forget to change the billing addresses on your credit and debit cards! A simple change of address form, which you can learn more about from your local post office, can help with bill delivery and magazine subscriptions. With places like Amazon and Paypal, you will have to go into their systems and change your address manually.
- Take care of your home/office refrigerator: Make sure to defrost your refrigerator at least one day before moving, and remember to wipe up any liquid. By doing this, you can avoid a huge mess!
At M. Dyer & Sons, professional movers are dedicated to helping you with all of your moving and storage needs. By reading over these tips, you will be even more prepared to complete your move with ease! To request a quote, visit M. Dyer & Sons online or call (800) 922-2490 today!