A burst pipe means emergency plumbing, so you won’t have time to be choosy. How do you know the plumber you hire is the right one? Arctic Chain Plumbing & Heating, providing installation and repair services for plumbing and heating in Anchorage, has tips on what to ask when seeking the right plumber.
What do you need to know about a plumbing contractor before hiring him for the job?
- Are you licensed, bonded, and insured? Most states require a plumber to be licensed. This means he has completed all the requirements to work as a plumber and are registered with your state to perform plumbing work. When a plumber is bonded and insured, you are protected in the event the plumber’s work causes harm to you or damages your property.
- Do you have references? You want to know previous customers were satisfied with the plumbing services they received, or if they had any complaints. If there were any unhappy clients, you may want to steer clear of this particular plumber.
- How long have you been in business and where is it located? If your plumber has been in business for a significant amount of time, this is typically a good indication that it is a reputable business. Never trust a plumber that uses a post office box as a mailing address, or uses an answering service.
- Do you give estimates? Make sure the estimate is detailed and includes certain things, such as if the plumber charges by the hour or for the entire project, and if parts are a separate cost.
- Do you have a guarantee? If anything goes wrong after the plumber completes the job, you want to make sure he won’t charge you for a second visit.
Asking the right questions will help you find the plumber that fits your needs. Contact Arctic Chain Plumbing & Heating when you need expert, reliable plumbing and heating services. Call them at (907) 344-2060 to speak to a professional, or visit them online for information about their 24/7 availability.