Many people are unaware of what can and cannot go down the drain, and in turn, they're shelling out cash for largely unnecessary plumbing repairs. Knowing what can damage your pipes is essential, as it can save you money, time, and stress, and if you're in the market for high quality plumbing services, then Arctic Chain Plumbing & Heating is the go-to destination in the greater Anchorage, AK area. This local business has the experience, know-how, and equipment to handle all your plumbing needs.
Essentially, you should only let nonhazardous waste and liquids in your drain. Anything that is not a liquid can clog your drains and items that seem harmless—like oil, grease and fats—can solidify and clog pipes as well. Substances that are too hot, hazardous or have high pH values can destroy your pipes and put your home at risk of damage.
Below are a list of items that cannot go down a drain:
- Hazardous Waste (e.g. radioactive waste, hazardous chemical waste, untreated bio-hazardous waste)
- Solid Items
- Sludgy substances or viscous substances
- Substances with corrosive pH levels
- Grease and Fats
- Substances with a temperature of 150°F or higher
- Cleaning Products or solvents
- Paper towels, cotton balls, pre-moistened wipes, scrub pads
If this list slips your mind and you find yourself stuck with some damaged pipes, then know that Arctic Chain Plumbing & Heating has your back. Learn more about Anchorage’s best plumbing contractors by visiting them online or by giving them a call at (907) 344-2060.