With winter weather waving us farewell and the Easter holiday right around the corner, we at Pull-A-Part know how eager you must be to get in the car and take a drive. But before you get behind the wheel, you should make sure that your car is in fighting form, so you can make it to and from your family’s house without any unwanted accidents or issues slowing you down and causing you stress. If you want to know how to get your car Easter-ready, read on to find out more!
1. Lights – As you prepare for your trip, make sure to stop and check all of your lights to make sure that no bulbs have burned out. Whether you are planning to travel during daytime or night, you can never be too prepared.
2. Wipers – With the end of winter comes spring rain, so make sure your wipers are in working order before you get on the road. You don’t want to be caught in a storm with a malfunctioning set of window wipers.
3. Kid Friendly Items – If you are traveling for Easter with your kids in tow, plan ahead and pack some electronic games, iPads, chargers, books, and snacks for the drive. You’ll earn points and save yourself the headache of hearing “are we there yet?” a million times over. The more distracted your kids are, the less likely they are to nag you and take your attention off of the road.
4. Brake Fluid – Before you get going, make sure to check out your brake fluid. If it’s looking low, there’s a possibility your brake pads are on their way out, which can lead to all sorts of safety issues. While you’re at it, check your brakes out too, to make sure they are in working order.
5. Air Filters – One easy way to boost your fuel economy and get more mileage out of your car is by cleaning out your air filter. Not only is this easy to do, it costs very little, making it a no-brainer investment.
If you are concerned about your car parts and looking to upgrade before hitting the road, we are here to help. Drop by one of our many locations to explore our salvage yard and find what you need to have a safe trip. You can also visit our online inventory to check for cheap car parts from the comfort of your own home.
If, heaven forbid, your ride tells you it’s time to give up the ghost, and move on to something that’s at least new to you, we’ll buy your car. Just visit http://www.pullapart.com/sell-my-car/ today to learn more about how fast and easy it is to turn it into cash!
We look forward to hearing from you soon!