Each year, the Hawaii Chapter of the Institute of Real Estate Management (IREM) honors Hawaii’s top residential condominium buildings, community associations and general managers. For the 19th year in a row, Hawaiiana Management Company-managed properties and managers took top honors at the 2017 IREM Awards Event recently held at Waialae Country Club. In total, five Hawaiiana-managed properties were honored in “Building of the Year” or “Green Building Award” categories.
“Hawaiiana congratulates all of the award winners and thanks the Institute of Real Estate Management for its long history of dedication to the real estate management industry,” said Hawaiiana Management Company President Mike Hartley.
Award-winning Hawaiiana-managed properties include:
Waihonua at Kewalo:
- Building of the Year, High-rise 250 - 349 units
- Kathy Best, ARM, General Manager
- Hawaiiana Management Executive, Gene Peles
- Building of the Year, High-rise 350 - 449 units
- Marnie Ramirez, ARM, General Manager
- Hawaiiana Management Executive, Deborah Balmilero
Hawaii Kai Peninsula:
- Building of the Year, Low Rise, 600 units and over
- General Manager, Alex Bresslauer, ARM
- Hawaiiana Management Executive, Maria Sabir
Green Business award-winning properties improved their “green footprint” and included the following:
- Michael Baker, ARM, General Manager
- Hawaiiana Management Executive, Eric Ambrozich
- Fernando Bastos, ARM, General Manager
- Hawaiiana Management Executive, Mike Hartley
Hawaiiana also congratulates Lois Ekimoto, PCAM, CPM, Hawaiiana’s Vice President of Training, who was installed as president of IREM for its 2018-2019 term.
Hawaiiana Management Company was recently named Hawaii’s #1 Condo Association Manager for the 10th year in a row, by Pacific Business News.