Hosting your own paint party? Artherapy Studios will bring all the art supplies, easels, aprons, and instruction in a fun and relaxed atmosphere your guests will love. Still, you want to have fun yummy food that is easy to eat while you and your guests create your masterpiece. Here are some ideas that are easy and won’t break the bank to make.
Assorted Crostini Toppings
1 or 2 French baguette loaves
assorted fruits (strawberries, blackberries, blueberries, melon), sliced in small circles
cheeses (goat cheese, brie, muenster)
vegetables (cucumber, tomato)
herbs (mint, thyme, basil)
spreads (honey, fig jam)
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Gather and prepare an assortment of toppings
3. Slice baguette bread into small pieces
4. Toast bread slices in the oven for 6-8 minutes until golden brown. Remove and set aside.
5. Top bread with various fruits, vegetables, herbs and spreads
6. Plate the crostini, serve and enjoy
Bacon Cheese Balls
Roasted Pepper and Mozzarella Bites
2 bell peppers, one yellow and one red
1 tub fresh mozzarella, preferably in the cherry size
Salt and pepper and/or your seasoning of choice
3-4 fresh basil leaves
1. Set oven to broil. Line a baking sheet with foil. Place the whole peppers on the foil and place under broiler. When the tops of the peppers have turned black, rotate peppers with tongs. Keep turning peppers until the skin is completely charred. Place peppers in a brown paper lunch sack or in a large ziplock bag. Close; let steam for 10 minutes. Remove peppers to a cutting board and allow to cool.
2. After peppers have cooled, skins will slip off easily. Remove all skins and cut peppers in half, removing stem carefully so peppers don't tear. Carefully remove seeds. Slice each pepper half into about 5 or 6 strips and season to taste.
3. Drain 20 to 22 mozzarella balls. Place in small bowl and drizzle with olive oil. Season with salt (don't be skimpy with the salt) and pepper and/or your preferred seasoning; toss to coat.
4. Wrap each mozzarella ball with a strip of pepper. Secure with a toothpick and place on serving platter. Repeat with remaining peppers and cheese. Chiffonade fresh basil leaves and sprinkle over the appetizers.
Prosciutto-Wrapped Bread Sticks
There are many, many more ideas these are just a few. Make a few simple treats and let us worry about the rest. Guaranteed to have a great time!
“Sometimes creating art while sipping on a glass of wine is all the therapy you need.” Artherapy Studios brings the party to you or you can choose from one of our venue partners making your party truly unique to you.