Our highly trained production teams here at SERVPRO of Greater St. Augustine / St. Augustine Beach been responding to multiple floods that have been cause by washing machines.
Educating our customers is our biggest goal, and we hope to help all of you avoid these expensive and time consuming flood losses. Here are a few simple steps you can take to ensure that your washing machine is secure:
1. Always check your water line connections. Water lines should be air tight, and connections should be checked frequently.
2. Make sure the drain for your washing machine is draining efficiently. Clogged drains are a leading cause for washing machine floods.
3. Do not overload your washer! While doing a large load of laundry is more convenient than doing multiple loads, overloading your washer causes the machine to vibrate and move which can knock loose connections and cause water to overflow.
4. Know where your main water shutoff valve is located! In the event your washing machine does overflow, shutting off the main water supply could save you a lot of time and money.
5. Do not run your washing machine if you are not awake, or not at home. This seems like overkill, but if your washing machine floods, you want to be there to minimize the damage. Standing water that floods into your home can compromise the integrity of your property.
The average water loss costs between $3,000-$8,000 and takes 2-4 weeks to remediate and rebuild. Use these simple steps to help protect your investment.
As always, our advice and opinions are always free, so if you have questions about protecting your home or business, call us at 904-429-4457. We are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. No job is too big or too small for your #local SERVPRO!
check out our youtube channel!