St. Augustine, Florida
1761 Dobbs Road, #106
Saint Augustine, FL 32084
904-429-4457

Beware of self-cleaning ovens - they may cause a fire! SERVPRO's St Augustine location August 24, 2017

St. Augustine, St. Johns
Beware of self-cleaning ovens - they may cause a fire! SERVPRO's St Augustine location, St. Augustine, Florida

Self-Cleaning ovens are extremely convenient, but sometimes they can also be extremely dangerous. Our fire production team was dispatched to a house in Vilano Beach to deal with a house fire that was started by a self-cleaning oven. Our response time was only 34 minutes from phone call to arrival!

When we arrived to the house we were shocked to discover that the oven that started the fire was barely dirty! Most oven fires are started by grease or food particles that catch fire during the self-cleaning process. The oven we inspected should not have been an issue, which proves that all ovens in self-cleaning mode should be closely monitored.

We understand it is common practice to start the self-cleaning mode, but beware of doing this if you are not able to actively monitor the oven for safety. Don't use the self cleaning feature before you go to sleep at night, and do not leave the home unattended while the oven is in self-cleaning mode.

Most importantly, if your home or business suffers a fire loss, call SERVPRO of Greater St. Augustine!

Other Announcements, Events and Deals from SERVPRO of Greater St. Augustine / St. Augustine Beach
Water Heater Safety Tips, St. Augustine, Florida
Water heater failure causes fires and flooding all across the world. Water heater routine maintenance can help you avoid the catastrophe the occurs when a water heater fails. Nationw...read more
SERVPRO - Your #LOCAL One Stop Shop For Restoration, St. Augustine, Florida
SERVPRO of Greater St. Augustine / St. Augustine Beach works hard to ensure that our clients are treated with the utmost compassion after suffering a loss. Fire, flood, and mold dam...read more
Emergency Service Within 1 Hour of a Loss!, St. Augustine, Florida
Did you know that SERVPRO of Greater St. Augustine / St. Augustine Beach is authorized to begin emergency service work immediately following a loss? It will often take an insurance ...read more
Space Heater Safety!, St. Augustine, Florida
A #local St. Augustine apartment fell victim to a fire started by a kerosene powered space heater. While this is an isolated incident, we wanted to take a moment to give you some saf...read more
Indoor Air Quality Alert!, St. Augustine, Florida
Did you know that maintaining proper air flow throughout your home or business can help keep mold from growing?  Having your A/C unit serviced twice a year helps keep air circu...read more