The excitement from the New Year has quickly come and gone, but if you’re one of the many people striving for a healthier lifestyle in 2015, then chances are one of your New Year’s resolutions included a change in your diet. But deciding to make a change isn’t the hard part—actually sticking to your new resolution is the challenge.
Understanding that the transition to an improved you is never an easy feat, IMUA Orthopedics, Sports & Health has come up with a few tips to help you stay on track with your New Year’s diet resolution:
- Give yourself a pep talk. While some people might think of it as meaningless, it’s always good to channel your inner self and reaffirm why you want to meet your goals. Invite the positivity in by cheering yourself on every once in a while.
- Surround yourself with success. You want to be around people who can help push you to surge past your perceived limitations. Whether it’s a workout partner or a supportive co-worker, your peers should be there for you during your times of success and hardship.
- Challenge yourself. A little competition never hurt anyone. Join group programs that give you the extra push you need to meet your goals.
- Commit to weekly check-ins. Just because you may live with others who don't share your same goals, that doesn’t mean you’re destined to fail. Commit to checking in and weighing in every week, and then updating your progress. Soon enough, checking in will become a habit you can’t resist.
- Put a journal to use. Writing down your goals, struggles, accomplishments, setbacks and more can be a great way of supporting yourself. It gives you an outlet that you’re able to reference back to, and helps you decide what works best for your body.
- Reward yourself from time to time. Who ever said you don’t deserve to give yourself a pat on the back for working hard? If you meet a weekly goal, treat yourself to a one-time snack, or even a day off from exercise with no guilt.
A leading source for sports medicine, orthopedist services, lifestyle coaching and more, IMUA Orthopedics, Sports & Health promotes high-quality wellness and recovery within a supportive environment. Well aware that transitioning into a healthier lifestyle is a challenge, their professional staff is ready to help you by any means necessary. To learn more about the IMUA team and how they can assist you with your New Year’s resolutions, visit this wellness coaching facility online or call (808) 521-IMUA.