After an accident, it may be tempting not to take your car or truck to an auto body shop. Despite some minor dents, you may reason that the vehicle can still be driven. Unfortunately, there may be hidden damage lurking beneath the surface, which can be dangerous for drivers and passengers. As a precaution, Able Body Shop Inc. in Kalispell, MT, recommends for anyone whose car has sustained body damage to have it inspected.
The local collision repair center shares five of the most common reasons to bring an impaired vehicle to an auto body shop:
- Insurance Concerns: If your insurance provider approves your claim to pay for auto body work and you don’t use the funds for this purpose, there could be dire consequences. The company may deduct the repair expenses from future claims if you are involved in another accident.
- Internal Damage: To the naked eye, it’s just cosmetic dents and dings. However, a thorough diagnosis by an experienced collision repair technician reveals the damaged area is affecting other parts. These can include ruptured braking components and misaligned tires.
- Poor Resale: If you ever want to sell your vehicle, prospective buyers may shy away from body damage. If you can secure a sale, it’s very likely you might not get your preferred price.
- Driving Infractions: In most states, police officers give tickets for driving damaged vehicles. In other states, cars and trucks must undergo and pass state-issued inspections to renew vehicle registrations. If the damage is identified, the driver may need auto body shop repairs before obtaining their registration.
- Future Safety Concerns: Above all else, driving a vehicle that needs collision repairs makes it even more vulnerable should another accident occurs. Over time, internal systems may have weakened. Most importantly, a damaged vehicle puts you, your passengers, and other drivers at risk.
Don’t take a chance driving around with bent fenders or hoods that don’t close properly. Your vehicle could be sustaining costly damage. Have it inspected by a certified technician at a licensed and reputable auto body shop.
Able Body Shop Inc. is your trusted collision repair center for professional service on a wide range of makes and models. If you ever need auto body work performed on your vehicle, call the auto team at (406) 752-1125. Along with providing lifetime warranties, the shop is committed to protecting the environment by using eco-friendly materials. Visit the website for details on available services.