When it comes to hiring the right person to oversee bookkeeping, it’s worth the effort to do a little homework. Partner with the wrong company, and hard-earned money and time are lost. The good news is making a list of expectations for any bookkeeping services providers you’re considering hiring helps make the search much easier.
As you begin your search for a company that provides bookkeeping services, look for the following five offerings:
- Cash Flow Tracking: Align with a specialist who has extensive experience with cash flow management. They should know how to monitor payments, outstanding debts, and outgoing invoices. Seek out a bookkeeper who can also create detailed cash flow reports.
- Industry Term Knowledge: All bookkeepers should also have a working knowledge of the five most common types of account categories: assets, equity, expenses, income, and liabilities. They should also be familiar with other industry terminology typically used by bookkeepers.
- Strong Communication Skills: The ability to keep communication lines open is another key expectation. Because it’s your business, you want a member of the bookkeeping services team who can discuss concerns and answer questions. They should be readily accessible and respond in a timely manner in person, by phone, through email, or all of the above.
- Computerized Bookkeeping: At the bare minimum, expect your bookkeeper to be computer literate. The best ones have experience with software programs designed to create monthly, quarterly, and annual reports on company finances.
- Financial Statement Creation: Cash flow, balance sheet, and profit/loss financial statements should also be expected from bookkeepers. You should receive detailed statements each month that are simple to understand.
Let the office of Steven M. Vogt, CPA in Chandler, AZ, earn your business by providing expert bookkeeping services. Besides affordability, you’re guaranteed to receive customized solutions tailored to your company’s unique financial needs. Call (480) 732-9898 today to schedule a consultation. Visit the website for information on their other services.