There’s a lot to plan before embarking on a cross-country vacation, including whether to rent a car or drive your own. While you might think using your car will make the trip more personal, you’ll need to have your vehicle checked and repaired to ensure it’s in perfect shape. A car that breaks down in the middle of the road can put a damper on your vacation plans and budget.
Here are five more reasons to rent a car instead of driving your own:
- Fresh Start: When you choose to rent, you’ll be driving a vehicle the car rental company has thoroughly inspected and repaired. The car will be in excellent condition, so it is unlikely to malfunction while you are on the road.
- Tailored Choice: As with a new and used car dealership, rental companies take into account your intended use of their vehicle before recommending one that best fits your criteria. They will make sure you will get a car capable of carrying all your passengers and cargo throughout your road trip.
- Fuel Efficiency: When you rent a car for a lengthy road trip, you can rest assured the rental company will consider fuel economy. After all, running out of fuel several miles away from the next gas station is a sure way to ruin your vacation.
- Mileage: By renting a car, you can avoid putting mileage on your own vehicle, prolonging its lifespan. You also save on potential repair costs incurred over the long trip.
- Insurance & Warranties: Most rental companies offer travel insurance and warranties on the vehicle you rent. If an accident occurs, the rental company will cover the damages.
Are you looking to rent a car for your next trip? Harbor View Auto Sales has you covered. With over 30 years of experience, this team of professionals can fulfill all your car rental needs. No credit cards are required to rent their vehicles if you use their in-house financing program. The company also offers auto repair services, as well as body work from trusted third-party contractors. Contact them at (203) 588-2307 or visit their website to learn more.