When you want to start a family, you don’t want to wait. This makes delays due to fertility hurdles extremely frustrating. However, it’s important to remember that infertility issues now don’t mean you will never have the family you are dreaming of. Thanks to modern medicine, many common roadblocks on the road to parenthood can now be overcome.
Read on to learn about five common female infertility issues and how they are treated:
- Anovulation: This term refers to the ovaries failing to release an egg. It can be treated quite easily using an ovulation induction medication. Sometimes, this is coupled with hormone therapy designed to stimulate the ovarian follicles, which are responsible for egg release.
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome: PCOS affects an estimated 18% to 22% of women. This hormone disorder reduces the ovaries’ ability to mature and release eggs. Studies have shown that for some women, simple lifestyle changes, like increased exercise, can help. If that doesn’t work, there are a variety of medication options, from ovulation induction pills to estrogen and progestin hormones.
- Uterine Fibroids: Fibroids are benign tumors that cause abnormal bleeding. Depending on their location and size, they might also lead to infertility. A simple surgical procedure can often take care of the issue, allowing women with uterine fibroids to go on and have perfectly healthy pregnancies.
- Low Ovarian Reserve: When a woman has a reduced number and quality of eggs, there are fewer chances to create a healthy embryo. IVF treatments can help. A hormone level detection test will determine whether this is an option for you.
- Fallopian Tube Damage: If fallopian tubes have experienced damage or scarring, they might be partially or completely blocked. This makes it impossible for an egg to get from the ovary to the uterus, where it would implant. Tubal reconstructive surgery can help. If this isn’t an option, IVF allows you to simply bypass the tubes and achieve a normal pregnancy anyway.
If you are experiencing infertility issues, don’t wait to seek help. The sooner you diagnose the problem, the sooner you can get treatment—and get your family planning back on track. For assistance in Honolulu, look to IVF Hawaii. These compassionate professionals are dedicated to providing top-quality in-vitro fertilization that gets results. Find out more about their clinic and take a look at testimonials from their happy clients online. To schedule an appointment, call the fertility clinic directly at (808) 538-6655 today.