Knowing when to have new gutters installed can save you from inconveniences such as a leaking basement or peeling paint. While routine cleaning can extend their lifespan, gutters will require replacement down the road. The licensed team at Moore’s Siding in Wentzville, MO, knows the signs you should be looking out for.
Below are five issues that could signal a need for new gutters:
- There’s Cracking or Splitting: Cracks or splits may not always be visible from your view on the ground. If you suspect one, have a roofing contractor get up on a ladder to take a closer look. Rain water will no longer be directed away from the home. This issue can lead to more problems, such as water damage.
- You Have Water Around Your Foundation: This is a significant indicator that your gutters are malfunctioning. This could mean there’s a problem with the whole system or, a single clog could be the culprit. Allowing the water to pool around your foundation can cause expensive and complicated repairs.
- They Are Sagging or Pulling From Your House: If your gutters are retreating from your home, it could mean the fascia boards aren’t working properly. This issue is caused by water is filling up and standing in one spot within the system. As an aesthetic issue as well as a functional one, it’s important to address this situation promptly.
- Your Paint Is Peeling: Peeling paint can signal a larger issue with your gutter system, such as sagging, pulling, or cracking. These conditions allow water to run down the side of your home, compromising your paint job.
- They Aren’t Draining Properly: Sometimes your gutters may be clogged from natural debris, which is an issue that can be remedied by cleaning. However, it could also mean they are too narrow for the amount of rain your climate receives, allowing water to overflow. Persistent overflowing can lead to a series of issues, foundation damage.
If your gutter system is exhibiting any of these symptoms, it may be time for a replacement installation. Contact Moore’s Siding to gain an expert opinion on your home’s needs. With over 30 years of experience, they know when the time is right for new gutters. You can contact them at (636) 327-7159 or visit their website for more information.