A beautifully painted room starts with having the right tools and some helpful tips to ensure the final outcome is an amazing one. Baker Hardware in Okeana, OH, is the area’s one-stop shop for all the paint supplies needed to match the work of professionals. From brushes to paint mixing, customers continue to call on the team of friendly staffers for expert advice.
If you’re prepping to change the color inside a bedroom, kitchen, or other interior space, consider the following pointers for a gorgeous transformation:
- Use Primer First: To avoid unsightly bumps and textures, apply a coat of quality primer before painting. This important step helps produce a consistent finish and eliminates dull spots.
- Clean Dirt Spots: Take the time to remove dirt, grease, and oil from walls and other areas by cleaning with a heavy-duty cleaner or de-glosser made just for the pre-painting process.
- Thoroughly Mix Paint: Even if you purchase several cans of paint in the same color, there’s a chance there may be some slight shade variations. Ask an expert at a hardware store about estimating the amount of paint you’ll need. Then, thoroughly mix the paint in a large bucket to ensure an even finish.
- Use Quality Tape: For a sharp edge along baseboards, ceilings, and corners, use a quality tape that won’t cause cracking or peeling when removed. For the best results, wait a minimum of 24 hours for the paint to dry, and then carefully remove the tape with a box cutter or utility knife.
- Paint Trim First: Start at the trim first and wait 24 hours for drying time. Paint the ceiling second and then the walls. This order helps speed up the entire process when it’s time to remove the painter’s tape.
With some easy prep work, painting doesn’t have to be a laborious task—especially when you see the result! Your local hardware store is the ideal destination to buy quality paint supplies, drop cloths, brushes, and other tools to create an incredible interior renovation.
Stop by Baker Hardware today for everything you’ll need to paint like the professionals! Should you have questions about colors, brands, or anything in between, call (513) 756-9700 and a friendly staffer will gladly assist. Check out the website for information on other products, including cleaning supplies.