If you’ve ever visited a tiki bar, you may have been swept off your feet by the tropical, relaxed vibe and fruity drinks. Some could use a touch of this carefree lifestyle at home. Creating your own island oasis is a breeze with the help of Hawaiian souvenirs and decorations.
Outlined below are five essential souvenirs you’ll need to replicate your favorite tiki bar:
- Tiki Mugs: A hand-carved tiki mug is the perfect vessel for a tropical cocktail. Be sure to stock up on miniature paper parasols to go along with the theme.
- Masks: A simple way to draw inspiration from some of the island retreats you’ve visited is by incorporating tiki masks in your design. These pieces were originally intended to represent Polynesian deities and come in a full range of styles, colors, and sizes.
- Statues: The ancient Polynesians used tiki statues to represent cultural gods and their relationship to peace, fertility, war, protection, and the environment. These figures serve not only to enhance the decor of your tiki bar, but also further emphasize a connection to the Polynesian spirit.
- Lanterns: Soft, colorful light can be used to set the mood for your tiki bar. Traditional flame lanterns lend an earthy aesthetic, while electric bulb designs are convenient.
- Torches: Tiki torches brighten up the party and provide added ambiance. Better yet, modern varieties typically come with refillable torch fuel canisters, ensuring long-lasting enjoyment.
If you’re in the market for authentic Hawaiian souvenirs, Marue & Gertz is the online souvenir shop for you. Located in beautiful Honolulu, HI, they carry an impressive assortment of Hawaiian products available through quick and reliable online gift ordering. Stop by their website or call (808) 547-1344 to place an order.